Growth fuelled by broad-based demand for the company’s SaaS and on-premise software; More than 20 customers each signed up to more than one million dollar commitments in the year
Bangalore, Feb 25, 2015: AppDynamics , the application intelligence company, today announced continued dramatic growth across every key aspect of its business. In the fiscal year ending January 31, 2015, annual bookings doubled to more than $150 million, fueled by broad-based demand for the company’s SaaS and on-premise software. By every important metric, the year’s results underscore the continued and rapid rise in demand for application intelligence, the continued emergence of AppDynamics as the leader in the category, and strength among a wide range of enterprise customers and vertical markets.
The company enjoyed broad validation and acceptance within leading enterprises in nearly every industry and across geographies, while average deal size also increased significantly. New deals in the fourth quarter alone included Citizens Bank, FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority), Jack Henry & Associates, TomTom, Amgen, BECU, Europcar Information Services, Talktalk Telecom Group, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, Adidas, The Hut Group, HCL Technologies, Sterling Backcheck, Fiserv, Pearson Education, Vanderbilt University, eHarmony, Steria, Carnival, Nike, Audatex North America, CGI, Manpower France, DirecTV, JetBlue Airways, AutoTrader.com, Standard & Poor’s, and Amadeus France.
“This has been a tremendously gratifying year in many ways as we continue to address the issues and challenges of today’s modern software-defined business with our innovative and transformative Application Intelligence Platform,” said Jyoti Bansal, founder and CEO of AppDynamics. “In every aspect of our business, from product innovation and customer adoption across nearly every industry, especially finance, retail and healthcare, to the increasing deal size our valued customers are entrusting to us, to the incredibly talented group of employees we are attracting to join us on our journey to being the next great software company, this has been a truly break-out and banner year for AppDynamics. I couldn’t be more pleased with our continued business momentum and year-end results.”
Fiscal Year Highlights:
Industry-Leading Product Innovation
- AppDynamics Fall ’14 Release was made generally available. The enhanced version includes a new Virtual War Room, support for complex transactions, additional platform support, unified database monitoring, a massively scalable data store, and more.
- The company introduced Application Analytics, its powerful new solution delivering real-time IT operations analytics and business impact analytics from complex, distributed application environments. Application Analytics automatically collects meaningful data with complete business context from across the entire application stack, no matter how complex or distributed.
- AppDynamics announced free forever mobile crash analytics and a self-service freemium version of Mobile Real-User Monitoring for collecting mobile application behavioral analytics and managing the 24/7 performance of mobile applications and websites in real time.
- AppDynamics Summer ’14 Release brought brings customers sophisticated new data visualizations and big data techniques for behavioral-learning and stream processing, and added a host of other enhancements to the AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform.
- The company’s Spring ’14 Release included enhanced support for apps built in Java, .NET and PHP, as well as new support for apps built in Node.js and Scala, two fast-growing and popular languages for building modern, responsive apps.
Technology and Solution Partner Expansion and Success
- AppDynamics joined the Cloud Foundry Foundation to define standards for platform-as-a-service.
- AppDynamics became certified and available for the Verizon Cloud Marketplace .
- AppDynamics reached a major milestone with more than 100 open source extensions now available for out-of-the-box integration with its Application Intelligence Platform.
- AppDynamics launched a new and attractive OEM partner program to helps ISVs differentiate and generate increased revenue. Application-specific licensing allows ISVs to bundle the AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform with their solutions.
- AppDynamics announced a collaboration with IBM to bring the power of the AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform to the IBM Cloud Marketplace and also partnered with IBM to develop support for IBM DataPower, IBM’s popular purpose-built messaging appliance used within highly secure enterprises, including leading banks around the world.
- Appdynamics announced integration certification from ServiceNow which delivers a powerful solution for integration of application performance data into service management workflows.
- AppDynamics offered new native support for a widening array of technologies and frameworks including Typesafe, MongoDB, Mulesoft, Hadoop, Couchbase and Cassandra through our Extensible API framework.
- AppDynamics strengthened its partner program introducing first-of-its-kind profit-sharing levels for solution partners.
Executive Appointments, Market Momentum and Recognized Technology & Business Leadership
- Randy Gottfried , former CFO and COO at Riverbed Technology, joined the company as chief financial officer. Jonah Kowall, former research vice president at Gartner, joined the company as vice president of market development and insights and John Rakowski, former lead APM analyst at Forrester Research, joined the company as product marketing strategist (see separate press releases issued today). Kalyan Ramanathan , former chief marketing officer at Crittercism, a provider of mobile application performance management solutions, joined the company as vice president of product marketing.
- AppDynamics grew from over 365 employees at the end of last fiscal year to over 550 employees today.
- For the third consecutive year, AppDynamics was positioned by Gartner as a “Leader” in the 2014 “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report, and was positioned furthest to the right on the ‘completeness of vision’ axis in the Magic Quadrant.
- AppDynamics recently increased its Net Promoter Score from 84 to 87 indicating an extraordinarily high likelihood to recommend the company; comparable enterprise software scores sit at 19.
- AppDynamics was recently named to the SharesPost 100 list recognizing the best venture-backed privately held companies. SharesPost leverages a proprietary multi-factor ranking process incorporating revenue growth, market potential, product stage, management team and investor quality.
- AppDynamics was recently named for the third consecutive year to the “AlwaysOn 2015 OnCloud Top 100” list of private companies. The OnCloud Top 100 represents the best-of-breed of companies in B2B applications, management tools, security and infrastructure sectors.
- Gigaom Research gave the company the highest ranking among application performance monitoring (APM) vendors in its report, “ Sector Roadmap: application-management solutions for distributed and cloud environments .” Each vendor tested for this report was ranked on cloud-readiness, breadth of language support, application topology mapping, transaction tracing, mobile and end-user experience monitoring, ease of deployment and operations.
- AppDynamics expanded its first US office outside of San Francisco in Dallas to support rapid growth in one of the country’s emerging technology epicenters. Sixty employees are based in Dallas with an anticipated 80 by the end of 2015. The company also expanded intoAustralia,India and Japan.
- The company held its first annual user conference, AppSphere 2014, which, like the company’s revenue numbers, blew away every projection . More than 650 attendees from more than 20 countries, representing 350 of the world’s largest enterprise companies, assembled at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas for three days of learning, networking, knowledge-sharing and training. Presentations from IBM, Google, and Amazon Web Services were among the many highlights of the conference. Mark your calendar for November 30 to December 4 to join us at the Cosmopolitan again for AppSphere 2015.
- JPMorgan Chase, the largest bank in the United States and the sixth largest in the world, inducted AppDynamics into its prestigious “Hall of Innovation.”
- AppDynamics sponsored cutting-edge research into the subject of big data and “operational analytics,” resulting in the report, The Many Faces of Advanced Operations Analytics.
- Goldman Sachs Named Jyoti Bansal as “One of the 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs” at its third annual Builders + Innovators Summit.
- San Francisco Business Times honored Jyoti Bansal with “ Best CEO” in the Annual Tech & Innovation Awards . The awards recognize the most promising and enterprising technology innovators and companies in the Bay Area.
- Jyoti Bansal was honored by EY as an Entrepreneur Of The Year™ 2014 Award Finalist in Northern California, and recognized by Business Insider as one of the 39 most important people in cloud computing.
- The company welcomed former McAfee chairman of the board Chuck Robel to its board of directors.
The AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform is a comprehensive solution enabling companies to maximize business performance. The platform embraces three core principles:
- See everything with Unified Monitoring . AppDynamics enables an integrated view of real-time user experience, application performance and infrastructure capacity.
- Act fast with DevOps Collaboration . AppDynamics provides the ability to isolate, resolve and automate the resolution of application infrastructure bottlenecks — in production.
- Know the business impact with Application Analytics. AppDynamics enables deep real-time analytics to help businesses make better decisions, and create bigger impact — all with certainty and confidence.
The platform is designed and architected to give business users the certainty that their business is running at its best, to give IT the operational visibility and control they need, and to give end users the great experiences they’ve come to expect and demand.CCI Newswire